The Employment Group advises domestic and international clients on all issues arising from the employment relationship, employment contracts, employee handbooks, termination issues and employment policies. We advise in relation to strategic issues arising in mergers and acquisitions such as Transfer of Undertakings Regulations, redundancies and industrial relations.
The Group advises in relation to pensions and taxation issues, restrictive covenants, injunctions, anti-discrimination, data protection and other employment related issues. The Group advises in relation to disciplinary procedures and in respect of the various forms of dispute resolution, including proceedings before the courts, the Employment Appeals Tribunal, the Labour Court, Rights Commissioners and the Equality Tribunal. The Group also provides access to alternative methods of dispute resolution including mediation.
Our recent experience includes:
- advising in relation to workplace behaviour, drafting and enforcement of policies and handbooks and service agreements.
- advising businesses in relation to employment contracts, payment of wages, unfair dismissals, sexual harassment, workplace diversity and discrimination.
- advising in relation to redundancies, restrictive covenants, non compete and non solicitation clauses.
- advising businesses in relation to restructuring and collective redundancies, consultation and communications management.
- advising businesses on exit procedures and packages, drafting compromise agreements.
- providing mediation services in relation to employment disputes.
- bringing and defending claims in the Equality Tribunal, Labour Relations Commission, the Employment Appeal Tribunal and the High Court.
- advising on the consequences of the implementation of the EU Directive 2008/104/EC on temporary agency work.
- advising on employment law aspects of the Central Bank of Ireland’s fitness and probity regime.