NAME: Paul Moloney
TITLE: Partner-Head of the Hong Kong Representative Office
OFFICE: Hong Kong
PRACTICE AREA: Financial Services, Corporate and M&A, Taxation,
EDUCATION: University of Limerick, Law Society of Ireland and the Irish Taxation Institute
PROFILE: Paul advises a number of Asian based asset managers with operations in Hong Kong and international managers based there on the structuring, establishment and operation of all types of funds including UCITS. Paul has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs, restructurings, joint ventures, inward investment projects and equity investments. He also advises a corporate client base in relation to the taxation aspects of inward investment projects, mergers and acquisitions, group re-organisations, structured finance and capital markets transactions. Paul is a member of the International Bar Association and has been the Irish tax reporter. Paul is also Vice-Chair to the Asia/Pacific Committee of the ABA Section of International Law.
- Advised certain mutual funds advised by Fidelity Management & Research Company in relation to their participation in the €1.123 billion value purchase of Common Stock in Bank of Ireland
- Advised an Irish listed insurance company on the spin-off of its property and leisure business into a joint venture.
- Advised a leading hedge fund manager on a number of investments in Irish companies.
- Advised a substantial trust on a voluntary disclosure to the Revenue Commissioners.
- Advised a leading Irish plc on the implementation of a €1,000,000,000 revolving debt facility.
- Advised a leading Private Equity Fund on the Irish tax and legal aspects of a USD$900m acquisition.
- Advised a global asset manager on the potential acquisition of a leading asset manager.
- Advised one of the bidders for the C&C spirits and liqueur business.
- Advised the secured lenders to the Smart Telecom Group through the examinership process.
- Advised the shareholders of an investment advisory firm on the implementation of a shareholders agreement and a share incentive scheme.
- Advised a multinational insurance company on the Irish tax and corporate aspects of its re-organisation.
- Acted for an international wind energy developer in the acquisition, disposal and funding of two significant wind farm project.